Kening Zhu, Nimesha Ranasinghe, Chamari Edirisinghe, O. N. N. Fernando, and Adrian David Cheok, "Poetry mix-up", In Computers in Entertainment, 9(2), Article 8 (July 2011), 15 pages, ACM
Chamari Edirisinghe, Kening Zhu, Nimesha Ranasinghe, Eng Tat Khoo, Vidyarth Eluppai Srivatsan, Janaka Prasad Wijesena, O. N. N. Fernando, Adrian David Cheok, Modeling literary culture through interactive digital media. In Virtual Reality, 2009
Dilrukshi Abeyrathne, Chamari Edirisinghe, Nimesha Ranasinghe, Kasun Karunanayaka, Kening Zhu, Roshan Lalintha Peiris, O. N. N. Fernando, Adrian David Cheok, Lan Lan, and Yukihiro Morisawa. "Connected online and offline safe social networking for children", In Computers in Entertainment, 9(2), Article 9 (July 2011), 8 pages. ACM
Kevin Yi-Lwern Yap, Xuejin Chuang, Alvin Jun Ming Lee, Raemarie Zejin Lee, Lijuan Lim, Jeanette Jiahui Lim, Ranasinghe Nimesha , Pharmaco-Cybernetics as an Interactive Component of Pharma-Culture: Empowering Drug Knowledge through User-, Experience-and Activity-Centered Designs, In International Journal of Computer Science, 3(1): 1-13, 2009
Nimesha Ranasinghe, Gajan Suthokumar, Kuan Yi Lee, and Ellen Yi-Luen Do. ``Digital flavor interface,'' In Proceedings of the adjunct publication of the 27th annual ACM symposium on User interface software and technology, ACM UIST 2014, pp. 47-48. ACM, 2014.
Nimesha Ranasinghe, Kuan-Yi Lee, Gajan Suthokumar, and Ellen Yi-Luen Do. ``Taste+: Digitally Enhancing Taste Sensations of Food and Beverages,'' In Proceedings of the ACM International Conference on Multimedia (ACM Multimedia), pp. 737-738. ACM, 2014.
Nimesha Ranasinghe, Kuan-Yi Lee, Gajan Suthokumar, and Ellen Yi-Luen Do. ``The sensation of taste in the future of immersive media,'' In Proceedings of the 2nd ACM International Workshop on Immersive Media Experiences, ACM Multimedia, pp. 7-12. ACM, 2014.
Nimesha Ranasinghe, Kuan-Yi Lee, and Ellen Yi-Luen Do, ``Fun-Rasa: an interactive drinking platform,'' In Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Tangible, Embedded and Embodied Interaction (TEI '14), ACM, 2014, pp. 133-136. doi=10.1145/2540930.2540939
Nimesha Ranasinghe, Adrian Cheok, Ryohei Nakatsu, and Ellen Yi-Luen Do, ``Simulating the sensation of taste for immersive experiences,'' In Proceedings of the 2013 ACM Multimedia, International workshop on Immersive media experiences (ImmersiveMe '13). ACM Multimedia, 2013, New York, NY, USA, 29-34. DOI=10.1145/2512142.2512148 http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/2512142.2512148
Nimesha Ranasinghe, Ryohei Nakatsu, Nii Hideaki, and Ponnampalam Gopalakrishnakone, ``Tongue Mounted Interface for Digitally Actuating the Sense of Taste,'' in Proceedings of the 16th IEEE International Symposium on Wearable Computers (ISWC), June 2012, pp. 80-87. DOI: 10.1109/ISWC.2012.16, ISSN: 1550-4816.
N. Ranasinghe, A. D. Cheok, and R. Nakatsu, “Taste/IP: The Sensation of Taste for Digital Communication,” In Proceedings of the 14th ACM International Conference on Multimodal Interaction, ICMI 2012, pp. 409-416, Oct 2012, ISBN: 978-1-4503-1467-1
Nimesha Ranasinghe, Kasun Karunanayaka, Adrian David Cheok, O. N. N. Fernando, Hideaki Nii, Ponnampalam Gopalakrishnakone, "Digital Taste and Smell Communication", In proceedings of international conference on Body Area Networks, BodyNets 2011, Beijing, China, November 2011, pp. 78-84. ISBN: 978-1-936968-29-9
N. Ranasinghe, A. D. Cheok, O. N. N. Fernando, H. Nii, and G. Ponnampalam, ``Electronic taste stimulation,'' in Proceedings of the 13th international conference on Ubiquitous computing, ser. UbiComp'11. New York, NY, USA: ACM, 2011, pp. 561-562. DOI: 10.1145/2030112.2030213
Nimesha Ranasinghe, Adrian David Cheok, O. N. N. Fernando, Hideaki Nii, Ponnampalam Gopalakrishnakone, Digital Taste: Electronic Stimulation of Taste Sensations, pp. 345-349. In proceedings of international conference on Ambient Intelligence, AmI 2011
Nimesha Ranasinghe, O. N. N. Fernando, and Adrian David Cheok. 2011. Petimo: sharing experiences through physically extended social networking. In Proceedings of the International conference on Human interface and the management of information: interacting with information - Volume Part II (HCII'11), Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, 66-74.
Nimesha Ranasinghe, Adrian David Cheok (2010) Poetry Mash-up: Poetry communication for digital youth, pp:41-49. In proceedings of the Young Investigator’s Forum on Culture Technology 2009.
O. N. N. Fernando, Adrian David Cheok, Nimesha Ranasinghe, Kening Zhu, Chamari Edirisinghe, and Yan Yan Cao. 2009. "Poetry mix-up: a poetry generating system for cultural communication". In Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Computer Enterntainment Technology (ACE '09), pp:396-399. DOI=10.1145/1690388.1690470 http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1690388.1690470
Nimesha Ranasinghe, Zhu Kening, Chamari Priyange Edirisinghe et al. (2010) Culture Computing: Interactive Technology to Explore Culture, 195-220. In Art and Technology of Entertainment Computing and Communication. 2010. [LINK]
Nimesha Ranasinghe, Kening Zhu, Dilrukshi Abeyrathne et al. (2010) Kawaii/Cute Interactive Media, 223-253. In Art and Technology of Entertainment Computing and Communication. 2010. [LINK]
Cheok, Adrian David, O. N. N. Fernando, Nimesha Ranasinghe, Kening Zhu and Chamari Edirisinghe. "BlogWall: Promoting Social Communication through Mobile Technology in Sri Lanka." Mobile Information Communication Technologies Adoption in Developing Countries: Effects and Implications. IGI Global, 2011. 205-217. doi:10.4018/978-1-61692-818-6.ch014 [LINK]
* YoungCT award 2009 at the Young Investigators’ Forum in Korea, Jan 2010 (Invited Talk)
* Permanent Installation of Poetry Mix-up in Kent Ridge MRT Station, Singapore, 2011
* One-month Exhibition of Poetry Mix-up (invited) in Art Center nabi, SK Telecom, Seoul, South Korea, (01st – 31st July 2011) [LINK]
* Poetry mix-up: The 10th Muse, nominated for the LAVAL VIRTUAL AWARDS 2009, in the Art, Culture, and Interfaces Category, 2009
* Junior Editor and WWW administrator at ACM Computers in Entertainment (2010-2012)
* First prize for Petimo at InventiON: competition of ideas for inventors, International Innovation Competition in Milan, Italy (Apr 2010)
* Petimo: Safe Social Networking Robot for children, short listed at the Como for Children (C4C) Competition at the 8th International Conference on Interaction design and children in Como, Italy, June 3 – 5, 2009. IDC ’09.
* NUS Research Scholarship during Ph.D. candidature at National University of Singapore (2008-2012)
* Mahapola Higher Education Scholarship during Undergraduate studies at University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (2003-2007)
* New Scientist: "Food bland? Electric spoon zaps taste into every bite", 31 Oct 2014
* Daily Telegraph: "Electronic taste could allow television viewers to sample cookery show creations", 21 Nov 2013
* New Scientist: "Electrode recreates all four tastes on your tongue", 20 Nov 2013
* Gizmodo: "Taste Virtual Food By Touching This Silver Electrode To Your Tongue", 21 Nov 2013
* The Week: "This electric lollipop can simulate any taste", 21 Nov 2013
* Discovery Channel: "Taste Simulator Lets You Relish Virtual Food", 21 Nov 2013
* New York Times: "Getting to the Bottom of a Digital Lollipop", 22 Nov 2013
* Time magazine: "Get Your Chocolate Fix Without the Guilt: Electronic ‘Lollipop’ Can Simulate Any Taste", 23 Nov 2013
* Digital Taste featured on TV, Channel 8 Singapore news, 17 Aug 2013, 10PM
* "TRY TO TASTE DIGITALLY", FROM ANOTHER POINT OF VIEW, 20/01/2013.
* "Set poetry in motion, just send a text message", The Straits Times, Singapore, Saturday September 17, 2011, Page B7.
* "Get Pet, Ready, go… Online", The Straits Times, Home, 16 June 2009
* "Cuddly robots aim to make social networks child-safe", NewScientist, 07 May 2010.
* "Petimo makes social networking fun and safe for children", WIT (Web In Travel), 21 Apr 2010
Copyright © 2014 - All Rights Reserved - Nimesha Ranasinghe